Sunday 24 February 2013

My Vision.....

On the 1st February 2013 I decided to Join Vision Personal Training Brighton. Having returned from what was an amazing experience with Shirley Smith ( http://www.setyourselffree.com.au/) in January and facing my deepest fears taking myself on in her 12 day recovery program, I have decided I cannot get to goal weight alone and I want more support.

Kate had been wanting to work with me for sometime, and being on this journey with her is not just utilising a trainer in a gym like I have experienced before. In my expereince with Vision and working with Kate over the last month, her knowledge on nutrition has been the number one key to change for me. this along with regular sleeping paterns, no alcohol/drugs, measure high impact vs moderate to low impact cardio sessions each week and now I am enjoying weight training for the first time ever.

NO MORE CRASH DIETS FOR ME- this is about my new healthy lifestyle.

At the end of 2011 I did the HCG diet and starved myself - I was weak, eating only 500 calories per day and not being abl to excercise- I honestly do not see how this is sustainable now, now that I wake up early wanting to hit the gym and it being the best part of my day. I lost 12 Kilos in 4 weeks on teh HCG plan, with the injections, however like all these crazy crash diets I gained that weight on again and more.
What I learnt it was not sustainable and not maintainable.  I have seen others loose alot of weight on it also but then they too gain it again. its not the right way to do it. its about lifestyle change and once you have that click moment in the brain you are able to do anything I beleive. I know this year I am going to get to my goal and become a qualified Body Combat instructor.

My addictions also played a role in why I gained the weight again ( let me make it clear to you all - an addiction is something that enables you to mood-alter) gives you a "hit" makes you feel better.
When I moved into my own place, I was terrified, highly anxious, not sleeping, partying in an out of control way and not at all looking after myself.
The biggest thing I learnt in Sydney with Shirley was that I can be alone, that I am all that I need, that I am not a product of my childhood years 0-7.
I am a functional adult and I can take things a day at the time and be the amazing woman I am.

I feel that everything I have done to get to this point has been worth it through. I mean I loved the Michelle Bridges Body Transormation last year and I lost about 12 kilos in the 12 weeks.  The structure of the eating plan and excersise plan kept me on track. However the biggest change ever for me was the work I have done on the 12 day recovery program with Shirley. That 12 days has changed my life forever. I never thought it would be possible for me to climb poles - I used to be afraid of heights- I was almost afraid of everything when I look back.  afraid of being alone, afraid of not succeeding, now I know I can achieve  anything because I am a mind, not just a body. 

I am learning about the macronutrients in foods and the education and support I receive from Kate and the other trainers and members at Vision is just priceless. I feel heard and understood when I talk about my eating disorder and my fears of foods and how my family of origion issues had been holding me back in my adult life.  There is so much peace in knowing and believe you are all that you need. I am stronger and capable and you know what I am worth it. I am a determinded woman and I knwo where I am going.  When I am at goal weight, I will be a body combat instructor, I will wear the clothes I feel fabulous in, I will be my true self.

I no longer need to carry this weight around as protection. I realease it with love and appreciation and I am so excited for what is ahead of me.  This is my time, this is my year and im ready willing and able.



 I climbed to be free of caretaking others, to live my life for me, and know I know I can get to goal weight. WHAT A LIGHT BULB MOMENT....

This is me almost at the top of the pole !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment