Saturday 30 June 2012

FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY






What a day, this morning I woke up filled with nerves. I was highly anxious about starting my Fitness Qualification. I had to be in Richmond at 9.30am.  I got myself ready left the house and stopped at a favourite cafe for a piccolo coffee on the way. 


I got to Brighton and quickly turned my car around. I was dis-empowered by fear. Fear of being judged and assessed when I walked into the class. I have been running a major story that everyone was going to be skinny and fit and I would be judged by all as if I were not good enough to be qualified in the Fitness Industry. 


Tears streaming down my face I quickly drove back to Bayside Fitness First and smashed out a Body Combat class. 
To my surprise a lady turned to speak to me and said I always see you in the class you remind me of my friend, I said oh really, nice ot meet you I am Hayley. Then another lady said I knew it was you, one of my clients from my social work job  was in the class- we had a great chat and she was very encouraging and helped me to see a few things for myself. 
Great class and so nice to speak to 2 lovely ladies. I went onto the treadmill to complete my fitness test for the end of week four- 12WBT- I was able to jog- YES- jog 1k and I beat my last Walking attempt by just under 2 minutes!
I felt pretty proud with knowing I have increased my fitness, I got into my car to see the missed calls from WYN Fitness. I called them and explained I was not ready, that I had a panic attack and turned the car around while on my way. He said, Hayley I want you here, its not too late, go home shower and get yourself ready the next class starts at 1pm.  He stood for me, said I will wait for you and walk you into the class. Ill even set you up a little table so you can sit at the back and wont have to disrupt anyone in the seating arrangement. 


WIth this conversation I felt relieved knowing he knows my history and understood what my fears were. 


I felt the fear and did it anyway! He met me out the front, we went through the paperwork and he walked me into the class and showed me my table at the back and I introduced myself to my class mates and our teacher. I found I was able to share my knowledge of diets and my past history was actually valuable to the class. 


Anything is possible! I will graduate on the 17th January 2013, The future excites me!


Right now Im exhausted and glad to be home to relax this evening with Vik & Wilson....
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND ALL- 


Lots of love


H xx








I EXERCISE BECAUSE IT   IS PART OF WHO I AM








No comments:

Post a Comment